Hello good people!
I am finally back with a proper blogpost! I know I’m late but as I said in my previous post, “Sorryy”, I have recently moved apartments and it is only now (two weeks later) that I have begun to settle in properly. There are still certain things that are taking up a lot of time; one being work. The other is, my new internship. It is only my third week at the internship but it feels like I dove, head first, into all the work.
I am yet to find the perfect balance between the above two, my domestic chores, social life (which has been seeing a decline of late!) and my blog.
Here’s to taking baby-steps towards achieving that goal.
Today I thought I might bring to you something completely different from what I’ve done before.
As we are approaching the end of yet another month, I thought I might compile a list of all my ‘July Favorites’. This basically includes everything I’ve tried, tested, experienced and loved this month. I hope you enjoy.
Since I usually start the week with a music related post, I’ll do the same with this one.
Some of the songs that I’ve been playing over and over again have been listed here(in no particular order):
– Becky G – Shower
– Chris Brown ft Usher, Rick Ross – New Flame
– Justin Timberlake – Not a Bad Thing
– Paloma Faith – Only Love Can Hurt Like This
– Declan Burgess – Forrest Gump (Cover)
The last one (but certainly not the least) is a cover that I urge everyone to check out. Declan Burgess is a friend of mine and I am being completely honest when I tell you that he sounds amazing. The song has been on repeat for almost a week and a half now. Go check him out on the link down below.
To be honest, I haven’t had much time to watch a lot of television shows of late. There are many new shows that I would like to start watching though. Perhaps, I will find the time soon and include those in my August Favorites. But for now the only TV show that I’ve been watching and enjoying is
Fashion and Style:
Some of my current favorite pieces have been:
– ASOS Cable Jumper in Oatmeal
– ASOS T-Shirt
– Topman loop scarf
I have mentioned all of the above in my previous blogpost, “Saturday bliss + OOTD/OOTN”. Be sure to check it out https://itssoovert.wordpress.com/2014/07/05/saturday-bliss-ootdootn/
For those of you who don’t know me personally, I am a huge foodie. So it was only natural to include my favorite picks in the food department. They are:
– Jordan’s Chunky Nuts
– The Vegan Teahouse – Hazel (Chocolate & Hazelnut spread)
Jordan’s is available at any Coles and Woolworths (for my Australian friends), so make sure to definitely go out and buy some.
I bought the Chocolate & Hazelnut spread from the Cruelty Free Shop on Glebe Point Road(Sydney) at Vegan Day Out. I’ve provided the links to both The Vegan Teahouse as well as Cruelty Free Shop in case you want to buy something.
I haven’t really found any new apps that have blown me away. However a few that I have been using this past month are;
– SaveMySnaps: I always wondered what the point of ‘Snapchat’ was if you cannot view a snap for more than couple of seconds. There have been several times, I’ve received some really cool or funny pictures from my friends, but before I can view the whole thing, it disappears – caput! And then one day I discovered this new app that would let me save the pictures for a better/longer viewing. Now when I get snaps from my friends in Tuscany, Madrid, Paris or Norway, I can always save them and view them better.
– Audible: I know I’m late to the party with this one, but I have just downloaded Audible and have grown to like it. It’s a convenient way of enjoying a book, especially if you have to multi-task.
– Gumtree: As you may all know by now, I have moved apartments. And this app was definitely a great help in helping me find options at times when I had no access to a computer.
Two new restaurants that I am happy to have found are;
– Burger10 – This new fast food joint on Glebe Point Road serves some of the most delicious burgers I have had in a long time. I found this by chance while looking for a new joint to eat at with my ex-flatmate Ben, a couple of weeks ago. Their menu is quite different from any other burger joint, in that, they take inspirations from different cuisines from different parts of the world.
I chose to go with a Classic Beef Burger, which is a traditional American styled beef burger. And it was simply yummy. Ben on the other hand, ordered the Pork & Prawns Burge, a r Chinese inspired burger that uses steamed bun instead of the regular bun and uses Hoisin sauce in it (A little tip:- You may want to consider using cutlery for this one because it can get quite messy eating it). From what he said, it was very tasty.
– Just Falafel: Those of you who know me personally know that, of late I have been reducing my meat intake. And ever since, I have been trying to find restaurants that serve good vegetarian food. While there are quite a few that serve elaborate vegetarian dishes, only a few serve vegetarian fast food. Just Falafel, caters to those who are looking vegetarian food on-the-go. This brand new eat-out on Lee St near Central Station serves vegetarian and few vegan sandwiches, wraps, salads and burgers.
While I was there two days ago, I decided to try their Indian Falafel and it was by far the best falafel I’ve had in recent times. The portion was huge, the falafels were succulent and the Indian sauces made for the perfect flavoring. Their prices are very reasonable and yes, they also make ‘Meals’ with fries and a drink. If you are ever around that area, make sure to go in and try some of their delicious food. I think this could be a healthy substitute for McDonald’s.
I found out about this drink while I was working at Good Food and Wine Show, Sydney that happened a few weeks ago.
– Cascade – Ginger Beer
Seeing me run from pillar to post every day, one of the guys who worked at the Cascade kiosk felt sorry for me and gave me a huge bottle of Ginger Beer to drink. I was thankful to him for two reasons; a) for coming to my aid when I was tired and b) for introducing me to this drink. Now, I am usually not a huge fan of ginger beer nor do I fancy any drink in particular. But this one tasted so good, it even surprised me.
If you haven’t already, I highly suggest you go buy yourself a bottle. It is a very refreshing and tasty drink.
I spend a lot of time on Youtube and I don’t know how I would pass time if it wasn’t around any longer. It is a goldmine for anyone looking to while away time 😛 So it was only natural for me to include some very interesting and ridiculously funny videos.
For almost 2 years now, I have been watching videos/ reading articles on a particular website. Through this site, I have been informed of many important issues that are happening around the world. The website is called Upworthy. Many of you may be familiar with the site. I follow them on Facebook and Twitter and think they do a wonderful job bringing newsworthy videos to young people.
Follow them if you want to receive informative and thought provoking videos like the ones below:
I’m a guy who has extremely sensitive/combination skin and applying products containing chemicals aggravates my skin rather quickly. One product in particular that I hadn’t found luck with for a long time is moisturizer. The problem I’ve found with most moisturizers is that they either dry out too quickly or they irritate my skin. After a long search for a good moisturizer, I discovered the Aussie brand, Delicious Skin. Those with sensitive skin like me will be happy to know that their range of products is all-natural and 100% vegan. The products can be used by both men and women. I particularly love the Delicious Skin Silk Serum.
For more information go check out their website http://www.deliciousskin.com.au/
If I have to sum up this month in one word, it would have to be – chaotic. However, there have been certain moments that I will go on to cherish for a very long time. This list wouldn’t be complete without including them.
– Topping the list is my recent trip to Hunter Valley with some of my very good friends
– First time going clubbing with Ben (ex-flatmate) and my homies at Sidebar.
– Being nominated for Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
That concludes my ‘July Favorites’ list. I can’t believe how fast this month has gone by. But I am definitely excited to see what August has in store for me (only good things I hope).
If you guys enjoyed this post make sure to like, comment and hit that FOLLOW button. Also, if you guys have made a list of your favorites, make sure to let me know. I would love to read them
Until my next post,